Anyone who has ever been obese knows that staring a 100 pound or more weight loss in the face is like beginning a desert trek with no end in site. It seems just as threatening but you can lose more than 100 pounds safely.
There are hundreds of different diets out there, if not thousands, but many of them are focused more on dropping pounds than they are on your health as a whole. Indeed, you are trying to lose weight, but the entire point behind the effort is to look and feel better. In that way, many of these diets are doing more harm than good.
Fortunately, there are also lots of ways for you to be able to lose weight in a healthy way, as well. The difference is that you will need to make a number of overall changes for a healthy lifestyle, and not simply depend on a single short-term concept to help you to arrive at your goal.
There are certain things that you can do to prepare yourself for this effort and to help to make sure that you will be successful and reach your goal weight, never to see the excess pounds again. Continue reading to learn about how to start weight loss plans the right way.
Be Physically, Emotionally, and Mentally Ready to Start Weight Loss
Before getting started, you need to make sure that you are mentally, physically, and emotionally ready for what a lifestyle change will require. Once you are ready and you know your reasons, record them so that you will never forget them, and choose a specific start date. Once you have those, you’ve already overcome half of the challenges.
Consider the Pros and Cons of Various Weight Loss Programs
Next, you need to choose the right program for you. Find one that is reputable and that is proven to work, but remember that there is no single program that is ideal for everyone. What worked for your sister or your friend may not be appropriate for you. Most good programs have certain features in common. They typically involve calorie counting in some way or another (perhaps in the form of a points system if not actually counting the calories themselves) as well as tracking your food with a kind of food journal every day. They will likely require you do adhere to a relatively strict eating plan at least 90 percent of the time and will require dedication to fitness for about seven hours per week. This should involve both cardio and strength training.
Next, find the program that suits your individual needs. There are many different ways to accomplish the aforementioned, some of which are right for you, while others will feel nearly impossible. Understand your goals, expectations, and weaknesses and find a program that will take those concepts into consideration.
Find Diet Pills That Work with a Weight Loss Plan
Once you have narrowed down your options to the particular strategy that you want to try, it is time to think about the ways that you can make it easier to slim down while sticking to a healthy eating plan and exercise routine.
For example, you might consider finding diet pills that work with a weight loss plan that you like. With the right diet pills, you can reap the benefits of things like more energy and focus so you can find it easier to eat right and stay active.
How can you be sure you are choosing the right diet pills for your needs? Keep the following in mind:
- You can always consult your doctor for personalized advice, especially if you are taking prescription medications for your health, and you want to be sure you won’t take a diet product that will adversely interact with the medicine you need.
- Do your own research into the top diet pills on the market by using various sources, such as SFWeekly.
- Select products that contain the highest quality ingredients that have been proven to work and can be backed up by scientific studies.
Keep Your Motivation High by Reminding Yourself Why You’re Dieting
When you believe you are ready to get started, read your reasons for dieting once again. Use them like a mantra and repeat them to yourself with meaning. This will help you to keep your motivation high.
Shopping for the right diet pill that will be effective when it comes to supporting your efforts to slim down can be tough. That is why we are here to help.
Below is our list of some of the best diet pills that we have come across in 2020. Use this list to get an idea of the top options that are out there, but keep in mind that you do need to eat right and exercise while taking all of the following weight management supplements.
Let’s say that you want to lose some weight in 7 days. That’s right: in one week, you want to be able to achieve weight loss, perhaps for a special event that is coming up. Well, how much weight loss can you expect? Should you anticipate being able to shed a lot of weight? Or should you go into it with lower expectations, especially if you are focusing mainly on healthy dieting?
Continue reading to access some helpful information on the weight loss results that you can expect from 7 days of eating right.
Did you know that you can lose a good amount of weight in the span of just four months? It’s true! But the key to losing weight successfully, as well as safely, lies in knowing how to come up with a plan that will help you achieve long-term results. After all, no one likes temporary weight loss!
To get started, check out our tips for a 4 month weight loss plan that just about anyone can try.
Slow and Steady Weight Loss Wins the Race
First off all, it is important to have realistic expectations before going into your 4 month weight loss plan.
Experts recommend losing only a pound or two every week. So, in the span of four months, you can expect to lose anywhere from 16 pounds to 32 pounds. Not bad at all, right?
Although it might be tempting to try to lose upwards of 10 pounds per month, even if you only hit 4 pounds in a month, you are on the right track, and it will add up over time if you remain consistent in your efforts.
Put a Lot of Effort into Refining Your Diet
As part of your 4 month weight loss plan, you should really home in on your diet. That way, you can improve your eating habits, as well as establish a new routine that will allow you to keep the weight loss for a long time to come.
According to Livestrong, you can follow a low-calorie diet more easily by:
- Consuming more foods that are natural and unprocessed
- Ditching sugar, saturated fat, and refined grains
- Eliminating any foods that are high in calories, yet low in nutrition
By following these steps, you will immediately begin to cut back on your calorie intake, which is an integral component to any effective weight loss plan.
Then, when it comes to meal planning, keep it simple: have some protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, and whole grains to create a balanced meal that includes energizing carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plenty of fiber. You’ll feel full and satisfied, and you won’t be reaching for a snack in an hour either.
Finally, Tackle Tough Workouts with the Help of a Weight Management Supplement
In addition to eating right, you know that you need to exercise in order to lose weight, right? But, if you struggle with your energy level, getting to the gym or exercising at home can be difficult. In that case, consider taking a high-quality diet pill that contains energizing ingredients. That way, you can get the extra support you need to tackle a tough, calorie-burning workout that will help you hit your 4 month weight loss goal.
Do you need to lose more than 30 pounds in order to get down to a healthier weight? While you might think of this as an insurmountable challenge, this level of weight loss is possible if you set yourself on the right path, put consistent effort into your strategy, and take a safe and natural approach.
How can you achieve healthy weight loss when you need to lose over 30 pounds? Check out our tips below to get started!
Take a Holistic Approach
First off, to achieve any amount of weight loss, but especially if you need to lose a lot of weight, you want to take a holistic—not an extreme—approach. This journey needs to be sustainable, and it is something that will take time. Remember, you need to be patient because experts recommend only losing 1 to 2 pounds per week to keep things safe.
What do we mean by holistic? Well, beyond cutting calories and counting how many calories you consume through the foods and drinks that you enjoy throughout the day, you should also look at your lifestyle on a whole.
Ask yourself questions like:
- Are you drinking too much alcohol, which can lead to weight gain and make it harder to slim down?
- Are you working out enough, or are you too sedentary?
- Are you eating a lot of processed and packaged foods, even though they might be low in calories?
Replace unhealthy foods with clean, lean, low-calorie, nutrient-dense, fresh foods. This is the best way to achieve weight loss, particularly when you need to lose a lot of weight, such as 30 pounds, in an efficient manner.
The great news is that there are plenty of delicious recipes that you can prepare at home using whole-food ingredients. Everything from hearty salads and soups, to meals packed with healthy fats and fiber that fill you up and keep you full, are possible when you put the effort in. And, by switching to clean, natural foods, you will be taking steps to support your overall health, not just your weight.
Go Beyond Cardio
Finally, when it comes to your workout routine, if you want to lose 30 pounds or more, do more than just cardio. While cardio is great at getting your heart rate up, building endurance, and burning fat and calories, you shouldn’t neglect strength training to build muscle that will increase your metabolic rate and burn more fat as well.
Ready to put your plan into action? Let’s go!
When you want to lose weight, you want it to happen quickly. No one wants to spend weeks or months, or even years, working hard by dieting and exercising to slim down to their target weight.
Unfortunately, when it comes to weight loss, you shouldn’t rush the process or expect the results to come sooner than they safely should. In fact, experts always recommend gradual weight loss, especially if you want to keep the weight off for a long time to come.
Continue reading to learn about fast weight loss vs. gradual weight loss, and why gradual weight loss is always the way to go.
Gradual Weight Loss Can Lead to Longer Lasting Results
Most people are tempted to try and lose as much weight in the shortest amount of time that they can. This strategy can actually lead to unwanted results. Studies have shown that people who lose more than 2 to 3 pounds a week tend to gain the weight back faster as soon as diet and exercise is taken out of their daily routine. Losing more weight than your body will naturally allow will also cause you to lose muscle along with fat. In fact, losing more than 3 lbs per week is considered unhealthy and can lead to more serious health risks than feeling hungry and having food cravings.
Water Weight, Calories, and Fat: What You Should Know
When you set a goal for successful weight loss, you want to ensure it’s going to stay off. In the first few weeks of diet and exercise, many people experience rapid weight loss between 3 pounds and 5 pounds per week. Much of this weight is considered water weight that is used and lost through perspiration.
One pound of fat contains an average 3,500 calories, over a week’s time, to lose two lbs of body fat one would have to cut their caloric intake by 1,000 calories per day to make up for the 7,000 calories in two pounds of fat. By reducing caloric intake by 1,000 calories a day, not only will you remain hungry, but your body will also activate its famine response where your body will store fat instead of using it as fuel.
When You Don’t Focus on Gradual Weight Loss, Problems Might Arise
There is also an increased risk for additional health concerns for those who attempt to lose weight faster than your body is ready to lose naturally:
- Dehydration- the majority of initial weight loss comes from losing water weight. Our bodies need water to function properly. Losing too much water weight can lead to dehydration. In fact, when you are dieting it is recommended that you drink more water to stay hydrated and when consumed during meals can help you eat less.
- Fatigue- Most people think that by cutting your caloric intake in half you will lose weight faster. While this may be true for quick weight loss it will gradually catch up with you in the long term. Our bodies turn calories into energy. Without sufficient energy you will feel tired and lose motivation for exercise. Your metabolism will suffer.
- Malnutrition- Also by restricting caloric intake our bodies become deprived of the nutrients it needs to function properly. Vitamins and minerals are essential for keeping our skin, muscles, organs and bones healthy.
- Other health risks of trying to lose too much weight too quickly include ketone build up, heart rhythm disorders, gallstones, loose skin, weakened muscles, and digestive disorders.
How to Achieve Gradual Weight Loss Effectively and Safely
To maintain overall health and lose weight, it is recommended that you cut your caloric intake by no more than 500 calories a day. In addition, sticking to an exercise routine between three and five days a week can help keep the weight off and ensure you are burning true body fat.
According to WebMD, there are several ways that you can go about achieving a safe and healthy amount of gradual weight loss when you are working on slimming down. Those gradual weight loss steps include the following:
- Being careful about the beverages that you consume, as you can take in a lot of calories and sugar without realizing if you are drinking those calories and sweeteners. Stick to pure water as much as possible. And, drinking more water can even help reduce your appetite at mealtime by filling your belly before you start eating the food. When you want something other than water, stick with pure fruit and veggie juices that don’t contain additional sweeteners, or unsweetened teas.
- Choose whole grains instead of refined grains when you’re working on gradual weight loss. In other words, ditch the white flour products, like bread and pasta, for those that are made with whole grains, like whole wheat. Other whole grains that are great for dieters include brown rice, rye, bran, and quinoa. These will fill you up, and keep you satisfied, with nutrients and fiber, and they can even help support a healthy metabolic rate for weight loss.
- Are you getting enough fruits and vegetables into your diet? If you aren’t, you might find it harder to achieve your weight loss goals. Experts recommend consuming a greater amount of fruits and veggies that are low in calories, as this can help satisfy you so that you don’t end up eating other foods that are higher in calories and fat. You can do this, for example, by reducing the amount of meat that you eat and making the focus on your plate the vegetables. You can also start off dinner or lunch with a salad or veggie soup to fill your belly before the main course, thereby helping you reduce portions. Plus, these foods will deliver plenty of energy, thanks to the myriad nutrients that they contain.
Remember, Gradual Weight Loss Is Best
Weight loss shouldn’t feel like a punishment and although it may feel like losing 1-2lbs a week can take too long, over time you will notice that losing weight through diet and exercise rather than starving your body will last much longer and you won’t be subjected to the diet roller coaster. It’s important to remember that slow and steady wins the race; losing two pounds a week over 6 months time equates to a 50lb weight loss!
Shedding pounds during the winter season can be tough. With so many tasty, hearty foods to enjoy, especially during the holidays, you might not be as focused as you should be on limiting your portions and reducing your calorie and fat intake. Plus, during the winter, when you can’t enjoy the great outdoors and the sun sets early, you might be tempted to spend more time lounging on the couch than exercising.
What are some ways that you can work towards your weight loss goals more easily during the winter? Well, the simple act of incorporating the following winter spices into more of your meals can be one step in the right direction. Check out the winter spices for dieting success below, along with tips on how to easily include them in your daily meal plans to make the most of what they have to offer.
Try These Winter Spices to Support Your Weight Management Efforts
According to NDTV, one of the best winter spices that can help you achieve dieting success is cinnamon. In fact, this sweet spice can help you shed visceral fat to support your slim-down efforts. Beyond that, it can even help increase your metabolism so that you can burn more calories.
How can you go about easily adding more cinnamon to your diet? Well, you can use it in a variety of ways such as:
- With your favorite granola or oatmeal
- When you bake sweet potatoes
- When you enjoy coffee or hot cocoa
- When you bake up tasty treats like cookies, cakes, and muffins
- When you make homemade pancakes
- When you make a parfait at home
As you can see, it is surprisingly easy to add a lot more cinnamon to your diet, whether you are having breakfast, a snack, or dessert. So, if your goal is to indulge in more winter spices, you don’t have to work hard at all.
The great thing about nutmeg is that it can help you feel fuller, thanks to its fiber. And, when you feel fuller sooner during a meal, you will end up eating less and ingesting fewer calories. So, if you are hoping to incorporate winter spices into your diet this winter in an effort to stick to a healthy weight, definitely add nutmeg to the list.
What are some of the ways that you can enjoy more nutmeg to take advantage of one of the best winter spices for weight loss? Well, they include:
- You can add it to fruits and vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, carrots, winter squash, cauliflower, bananas, apples, pears, nectarines, and more
- You can add it to your favorite breakfast recipes, such as oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, and muffins
- You can add it to a variety of beverages, such as coffee, cider, tea, and hot chocolate, as a few examples
Ginger is such a warming spice that it’s perfect for the winter season. Enjoy some ginger tea or add ginger to your diet with some fun new recipes. You’ll be able to reap its many benefits, which include supporting your digestive tract and reducing inflammation. Beyond that, consuming ginger may also help you lose fat.
Ginger is one of the most delicious and versatile of the winter spices. Here are some of the many ways that you can easily incorporate it into your weekly meal plans as you work on shedding pounds:
- Add it to salad dressings
- Use it as an ingredient in soup
- Add it to a variety of breakfast recipes, such as granola bowls and breakfast pastries and cookies
- Use fresh ginger to increase the flavor of your favorite smoothie recipe, or use it when juicing at home
- Make your own ginger tea, or add ginger to your coffee
- Add this as an ingredient to stir-fry recipes
Super healthy turmeric is another great choice when it comes to winter spices for weight loss. It’s a spice that can support healthy digestion and metabolism, and it can even help reduce inflammation throughout the body as well. Make it a point to find some recipes that incorporate this spice, and pair it with black pepper to help improve your body’s ability to absorb it.
Did you know that you can purchase turmeric supplements that you can take daily in order to get a dose of one of the most powerful winter spices? Beyond that, however, you can easily incorporate this spice into your everyday diet in order to reap its many health and weight loss benefits. Here are some suggestions that you can consider:
- Add it to tofu scramble
- Cook up roasted veggies and then toss some turmeric in
- Incorporate it as an ingredient in homemade soups
- Add it to greens and rice
- Enjoy it as part of a curry recipe
- Add it to mashed avocado with other ingredients like salt and pepper
- Add it to your salad
- Use it in smoothies, juices, teas, and non-dairy milks
Give These Spices a Try!
You will be surprised by how easy it is to incorporate these winter spices into your daily meal plans throughout the year (not just in the winter), and this simple step can help support your weight loss efforts. So, be sure to add these tasty and nutritious winter spices to your diet this year so that you can achieve weight loss success.
Have you been experiencing a lot of challenges when attempting to slim down to a healthier weight? Well, you definitely aren’t alone! That’s why researchers have been working hard for years to come up with products that can help people lose weight in a safe and effective, as well as efficient, manner. But, are the top obesity drugs that are available today really beneficial? Can they truly help you reach your weight loss goal? Check out the information below to learn more and remember that your doctor knows best when it comes to whether or not the top obesity drugs are right for you.