Shedding pounds during the winter season can be tough. With so many tasty, hearty foods to enjoy, especially during the holidays, you might not be as focused as you should be on limiting your portions and reducing your calorie and fat intake. Plus, during the winter, when you can’t enjoy the great outdoors and the sun sets early, you might be tempted to spend more time lounging on the couch than exercising.
What are some ways that you can work towards your weight loss goals more easily during the winter? Well, the simple act of incorporating the following winter spices into more of your meals can be one step in the right direction. Check out the winter spices for dieting success below, along with tips on how to easily include them in your daily meal plans to make the most of what they have to offer.
Try These Winter Spices to Support Your Weight Management Efforts
According to NDTV, one of the best winter spices that can help you achieve dieting success is cinnamon. In fact, this sweet spice can help you shed visceral fat to support your slim-down efforts. Beyond that, it can even help increase your metabolism so that you can burn more calories.
How can you go about easily adding more cinnamon to your diet? Well, you can use it in a variety of ways such as:
- With your favorite granola or oatmeal
- When you bake sweet potatoes
- When you enjoy coffee or hot cocoa
- When you bake up tasty treats like cookies, cakes, and muffins
- When you make homemade pancakes
- When you make a parfait at home
As you can see, it is surprisingly easy to add a lot more cinnamon to your diet, whether you are having breakfast, a snack, or dessert. So, if your goal is to indulge in more winter spices, you don’t have to work hard at all.
The great thing about nutmeg is that it can help you feel fuller, thanks to its fiber. And, when you feel fuller sooner during a meal, you will end up eating less and ingesting fewer calories. So, if you are hoping to incorporate winter spices into your diet this winter in an effort to stick to a healthy weight, definitely add nutmeg to the list.
What are some of the ways that you can enjoy more nutmeg to take advantage of one of the best winter spices for weight loss? Well, they include:
- You can add it to fruits and vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, carrots, winter squash, cauliflower, bananas, apples, pears, nectarines, and more
- You can add it to your favorite breakfast recipes, such as oatmeal, pancakes, French toast, and muffins
- You can add it to a variety of beverages, such as coffee, cider, tea, and hot chocolate, as a few examples
Ginger is such a warming spice that it’s perfect for the winter season. Enjoy some ginger tea or add ginger to your diet with some fun new recipes. You’ll be able to reap its many benefits, which include supporting your digestive tract and reducing inflammation. Beyond that, consuming ginger may also help you lose fat.
Ginger is one of the most delicious and versatile of the winter spices. Here are some of the many ways that you can easily incorporate it into your weekly meal plans as you work on shedding pounds:
- Add it to salad dressings
- Use it as an ingredient in soup
- Add it to a variety of breakfast recipes, such as granola bowls and breakfast pastries and cookies
- Use fresh ginger to increase the flavor of your favorite smoothie recipe, or use it when juicing at home
- Make your own ginger tea, or add ginger to your coffee
- Add this as an ingredient to stir-fry recipes
Super healthy turmeric is another great choice when it comes to winter spices for weight loss. It’s a spice that can support healthy digestion and metabolism, and it can even help reduce inflammation throughout the body as well. Make it a point to find some recipes that incorporate this spice, and pair it with black pepper to help improve your body’s ability to absorb it.
Did you know that you can purchase turmeric supplements that you can take daily in order to get a dose of one of the most powerful winter spices? Beyond that, however, you can easily incorporate this spice into your everyday diet in order to reap its many health and weight loss benefits. Here are some suggestions that you can consider:
- Add it to tofu scramble
- Cook up roasted veggies and then toss some turmeric in
- Incorporate it as an ingredient in homemade soups
- Add it to greens and rice
- Enjoy it as part of a curry recipe
- Add it to mashed avocado with other ingredients like salt and pepper
- Add it to your salad
- Use it in smoothies, juices, teas, and non-dairy milks
Give These Spices a Try!
You will be surprised by how easy it is to incorporate these winter spices into your daily meal plans throughout the year (not just in the winter), and this simple step can help support your weight loss efforts. So, be sure to add these tasty and nutritious winter spices to your diet this year so that you can achieve weight loss success.