Few things are more frustrating than being on a diet and getting a craving for something really tasty. Fortunately, it’s possible to get your fix and still get slim – or stay that way if you’ve already reached your goal.
The trick is to make wise choices instead of simply grabbing the old favorite chips or family sized chocolate bars. Regardless of whether your craving is for something creamy, sweet, or chocolaty, there is a snack that will give you just what you need to feel satisfied without hurting your weight loss efforts.
To help you get started when it comes to generating smarter snack ideas, we’ve compiled a list of some simple, yet fancy looking, guilt-free snacks that you can enjoy. Add these to your plan, whether you are trying to eat better for your waistline or for your health.
Guilt-Free Snacks That Are Nice and Simple
Although it might seem a bit challenging at first, once you start thinking about the many guilt-free snacks that are out there, it becomes clear that you really don’t need to make any major sacrifices. You can satisfy your cravings, without feeling bad about it. Check out the info below to see what we mean.
The next time you’re longing for a food fix, consider the following guilt-free snacks:
- Craving something sweet? Try a warm pear with ricotta cheese and cinnamon. It is very simple but seems rich and fancy, and contains only 170 calories. Even better, it’s healthy. All you need to do is cut a pear in half and core it. Place it on a baking sheet and put it under the broiler until it is tender (usually around 10 minutes or so). While that’s heating up, mix ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon with ¼ cup of part-skim ricotta cheese in a bowl. Top the pear halves with that mixture once they’re out of the oven and enjoy.
- Want something chocolaty? Whip together some oat clusters with dark chocolate. These are only about 160 calories and taste incredible. In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, ¼ cup of semisweet chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons of 1% milk. Cook until the chocolate is all melted (usually around 3 minutes), and stir in ¾ cup of old fashioned rolled oats. Take the pan off the heat and use a melon baller (or a small spoon) to drop 8 portions onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Allow to chill and set in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then dig in!
- Longing for something creamy? Try all of your favorite veggies in an herb and garlic yogurt dip. This dip is only about 160 calories and will have you choosing raw vegetables as a favorite snack. Mix ¾ cup of plain 2% Greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, 1 minced garlic clove, ¼ teaspoon of dried dill, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Once everything is mixed together, you’re all set for raw carrots, celery, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and all of the rest of your favorites.
Other Guilt-Free Snacks That Are Worth Making
In addition to the snacks discussed above, there are plenty of other delicious snacks that you can enjoy, even while you are working hard to slim down. According to Women’s Health, those include:
- Salsa Made with Pineapple, Black Beans, and Avocado – Boasting various bright colors, along with flavors that are both tangy and sweet, this snack will fill you up with fiber and protein, but it only has 199 calories per serving. Enjoy with some low-calorie, baked tortilla chips.
- Pinwheels That Are Inspired by Mexico – It might look like you put a lot of work into making this tasty snack, but the truth is that it’s actually really easy to prepare. Make tiny wraps boasting plant-based ingredients, such as beans, spinach, guacamole, and corn. With just 178 calories per serving, you can enjoy these guilt-free.
- Fruit Smoothie – A basic smoothie might look beautiful in a clear glass, but it is one of the quickest and easiest ways to make a snack that will fill you up until your next meal, whether you need a healthy pick-me-up before lunch or before dinner. Try making a smoothie with ingredients like orange juice, yogurt, and some frozen fruits, such as blueberries.
See what we mean? Whether you need something a little more hearty, a little sweet, or even a little salty, there are plenty of guilt-free snacks just waiting to be made!
Guilt-Free Snacks Are Easy to Make!
As you can see, you don’t need to go through a lot of trouble to find good-for-you snacks, or to prepare your own guilt-free snacks right at home. Once you get the hang of things, you will be able to fulfill your various cravings for chocolate, sweets, and creamy snacks, but you won’t need to worry about what those choices might be doing to your weight loss plans or your hopes of getting healthier.